ClimateLaunchpad Bootcamp - June 2018
This year again ClimateLaunchpad took place in Hungary.
This year again ClimateLaunchpad took place in Hungary. The organizer received a high number of applicants to the ClimateLaunchpad in Hungary, therefore the pre-selection had to be rigorous to choose the most extraordinary and innovative teams. 8 teams were accepted to participate in the whole program which started with a 2-day long intensive Bootcamp organized by Climate-KIC and Pannon Pro Innovations between the 15th and 16th of June.
Based on the Bootcamp experience the pre-selection was successful, all the teams represented themselves with passion for positive environmental impact, enthusiasm to development and innovative solutions. The diversity and variation of the teams working on projects is very wide: starting from a device collecting the data on air quality, through an app resolving parking issues, to a system that turns organic waste into organic food.
The two-day fast track training Boot Camp with the best professionals in their scopes helps inventors build a basic start-up business case in the format of a pitch deck. The lectures are conducted in the form of interactive seminars, where participants are encouraged to work in groups, ask questions and express their ideas. This year we had an honor of being mentored by experienced coach of numerous Climate-KIC programs – Israel Griol Barres from Spain. The event was filled with such important topics as formulating the deal, segmenting the market and identifying the “Jobs to Be Done” along with customer value Proposition, financial planning and customer delivery. As a result of all the modules participants had an opportunity to present the outcomes on Saturday to get even more feedbacks and practical advices for further development from their peers and the professional coach as well.
During the summer all the 8 teams will participate in further group sessions and peer-to-peer consultations to achieve a deeper knowledge about the field of cleantech business development. Therefore they will be able to start, manage and build a successful startup in the near future. The trainings will end in a pitch competition at the beginning of September, the best teams will get the opportunity to compete also in the international finals in Edinburg and continue their work with the Climate-KIC Accelerator program.
You read some feedbacks from our wonderful participants:
- Well-prepared workbook and well-structured material
- Energizing start-up ideas
- New point of view about our startup idea
- It both benefited my project and my future studies as well, because I fell in love even more with business development (from our youngest participant who is still in high school)
- Our team was the youngest, but it doesn't matter, because we were able to complete all the tasks, we received all the needed help.
- Good for teambuilding and team spirit
- A well-structured, focused experience. We were provided valuable feedback and suggestions to resolve and idetify all the challenges of our project.
- I am thankful for this opportunity, I learnt a lot in these two days.
- It was a great help to us the template. We learned a lot from Israel. The most valuable was the feedback session! Thanks!