Job description: Innovation Lead at Climate_KIC Hungary
Job Title: Innovation Lead, Climate-KIC Hungary
Division: Climate-KIC Central & Eastern Europe
Reports to: Acting Director, Climate-KIC Central & Eastern Europe
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Climate-KIC is the EU’s largest public private partnership addressing climate change through innovation to build a low carbon economy.
We address climate change across four priority themes: urban transitions, sustainable land use, sustainable production systems, and decision metrics and finance. Education is at the heart of these themes to inspire and empower the next generation of climate leaders.
We run programmes for students, start-ups and innovators across Europe via centres in major cities, convening a community of the best people and organisations. Our approach starts with improving the way people live in cities. Our focus on industry creates the products required for a better living environment, and we look to optimise land use to produce the food people need.
Climate-KIC is supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union.
Purpose of the Role
The Innovation Lead is accountable for managing our existing innovation activities and partner relationships in Hungary and Romania and for overseeing the execution of the start-up accelerator in Hungary by our implementation partners.
Innovation Pipeline Management
- Support local innovation partners in the development of new project proposals in response to funding calls from our thematic teams
- Create synergies between local innovation projects and start-up portfolio in different thematic areas
- Conceptualize jointly with local team new ideation formats to engage partner network in all different programs of the Climate-KIC innovation pipeline
- Act as primary point of contact for the Hungarian innovation partners
- Manage partner documentation and audit requirements
- Liaise with internal stakeholders in themes and other geographies
- Facilitate set-up of agreements for new projects
- Plan and organize regular review meetings to ensure projects stay on track
- Play role of “honest broker” to identify and resolve problems within the consortia to ensure that investment of resources is well deployed
Financial management and reporting
- Responsible for reporting on project activity within the region
- Responsible for managing the allocation and tracking of Climate-KIC’s budget in project activity for the region
- Represent Climate-KIC at external events and conferences
Required Background & Qualifications
- University degree (Master’s or PhD) in a relevant field
- More than 5 years of work experience in relevant contexts, ideally in innovation, business development or entrepreneurship
- Solid experience working in the private sector, ideally experience in public/NGO sector
- Good understanding of the interaction between research, education and business
- Strong ability to reconcile differing expectations, objectives and requirements of multiple organisations to create collaborative solutions
- Familiarity with the skills and knowledge needs of organisations working on climate change adaptation and mitigation
- Experience and ability to work with an international team and in a multidisciplinary context
- Fluent in Hungarian and English
Climate-KIC values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
We offer a vibrant working environment in an inspiring community of climate innovators across more than 220 partner organisations in Europe. Please submit your CV (maximum 3 pages) and an application letter in English (maximum 2 pages) outlining your suitability for the role highlighting relevant experience to support your application.
Applications should reach firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 17 March 2017. Please state your earliest availability and salary expectations.