WHAT IS EIT AND KICs?
The EIT is an independent body of the European Union set up in 2008 to spur innovation and entrepreneurship across Europe to overcome some of its greatest challenges. It brings together the so-called ‘knowledge triangle’ of business, education and research to form dynamic cross-border partnerships – Knowledge and Innovation Communities, KICs - that develop innovative products and services, start new companies, and train a new generation of entrepreneurs.
Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs) are a unique type of partnerships within the European innovation landscape and develop innovative products and services, foster new business, encourage growth and train a new generation of entrepreneurs. Characterised by a high degree of integration, a long-term perspective, efficient governance, the colocation model and their entrepreneurial culture, the KICs aim to increase Europe’s capacity for innovation by bringing together leading companies, universities and research labs.
WHAT IS EIT FOOD?
EIT Food, established by the European Institute of Innovation & Technology (EIT), is building an inclusive and innovative community of diverse food sector partners, to drive innovation and entrepreneurship across Europe.
Campden BRI Hungary and PANNON Pro Innovations represents the EIT Food in Hungary and act as a "contact point" for the local representatives of agrifood sector (Campden BRI Hungary for innovation and educational programmes, whereas PANNON Pro for start-up programmes). Acting as EIT Food HUB in Hungary, Campden BRI Hungary and PANNON Pro support innovators and entrepreneurs, organise local trainings and workshops for students (e.g. RIS Fellowships), start-ups (please find programmes below), researchers, farmers.
Get to know more about EIT, EIT RIS and EIT Food:
- EIT in English: https://eit.europa.eu(link is external) and in Hungarian: https://eit.europa.eu/hu/in-your-language(link is external)
- EIT RIS: https://eit.europa.eu/our-activities/outreach/eit-regional-innovation-sc...(link is external)
- EIT Food website homepage: https://www.eitfood.eu/in-your-country
If you have any questions please contact us: Cintia Sipos, Entrepreneurship Project Manager, email@example.com
EIT Food startup programs in Hungary
- EIT Food startup programs: https://klimainnovacio.hu/en/programme/eit-food-startup-programmes
- EIT Food Challenge Labs 2021: https://klimainnovacio.hu/hu/program/eit-food-challenge-labs-2021
- EIT Food workshop focusing on conflict management 2021: https://klimainnovacio.hu/hu/program/eit-food-workshop-konfliktuskezeles
EIT Food further activities in Hunary
Campden BRI Hungary: https://campdenbri.hu/en/palyazatok/en-EITFOODtevekenysegei.php